Timor-Leste is highly vulnerable to natural disasters with potential tsunamis and other weather anomalies associated with droughts, floods, landslides and erosion resulting from the combination of heavy monsoon rain, steep topography and widespread deforestation.
The objective of this project is to assist the GoTL to develop a National Adaptation Programme of Action to those weather anomalies in Timor-Leste and to sustain the ecological functions while contributing directly to the environment, economic and social well-being of the country
- To set up an institutional structure for the preparation of the NAPA document
- To conduct participatory assessment of vulnerability to current climate variability
- To identify key climate change adaptation measures and develop proposals for priority activities to address the adverse effects of climate change
- To prepare the NAP A document in the format established by the COP
- To have the NAPA document endorsed by the Council of Ministers and the National Parliament.
- To disseminate the final NAPA document to the public