The establishment of the Oé-Cusse Special Administrative Region represents the Government of Timor-Leste's political willingness and commitment to use a new policy instrument for poverty reduction and economic and social well-being in Timor-Leste. UNDP is working with authorities in Oé-Cusse to operationalize the Special Administrative Region (SAR) and the Special Zones for Social Market Economy (ZEESM) and to strengthen institutional capacity to deliver services to the people of Oé-Cusse. The framework for UNDP‘s support to Oé-Cusse SAR and ZEESM is built around two components: governance and sustainable and innovative development. The programme focuses on policy innovation to improve service delivery in key areas of development for the region: tourism, business development, agriculture and health. (Lee versaun Tetum iha ne'e)
- Promote local economic development though the Business Incubator and the community-based working groups for tourism development.
- Development of 6 value chains to promote the agribusiness sector and rural specialization.
- Improve the Health data collection system
- Elaboration of a Human Development Report for Oé-Cusse
- Build institutional capacities for transparent and efficient procurement processes.
- One procurement advisor and two IUNVs are in place to support ZEESM TL office to implement procumbent SOPs.
- Health: The regional health data collection system has been assessed and recommendations for improvements are being implemented.
- Tourism: Community-based tourism (CBT) framework for Oé-Cusse Region developed
- ZEESM webpage has been developed.
- At least 15 small businesses have been supported to improve their productive capacities with mentoring and training on business management, market access and innovative product development.
- The agri-business management model for Oé-Cusse has been developed and it is in progress to be implemented.
- A Human Development Report for Oé-Cusse has been developed.
- Government of Timor-Leste
Oebau, Pante Macassar, Oé-Cusse Ambeno, Timor-Leste
Bernardino Da Costa Pereira (Project Manajer)/ firstname.lastname@example.org